Meal Prep Gains You Need: Cajun Bolognese
Happy Sunday Team Gains !
Eric here and today I have a fun recipe to share with everyone. This is a battle tested recipes & one of my GO TO’S when its meal prep time. I even made a big batch catering style for my 30th birthday and boy it was a hit! There are 2 versions of the recipe one is for making it for a group of people and the other is the meal prep version with macros per serving. Anyways I hope you enjoy this recipe and use it sometime! I’m locked & loaded with lots of healthy fit recipes that I have cooked over the years for my events, friends & family. Tag us when you make it! If you have any questions or request leave them in the comments!
Love & Gains,
900 grams Ground Chicken
½ cup Green Seasoning
2 Jar of Tomato Sauce (410ml)
350 gram of uncooked Penne
1 Red Onion Diced
2 Large Bell Peppers
2 Green Onions
1/2 tb oil for vegetables
1 TB oil for Meat
1 Small Cilantro
Yield serves 6-8 people or 2-4 people with lunches for the next day.
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the penne and make sure there is enough water to cover the penne and cook until al dente, or according to the label of the package and then drain the pasta.
2) Wash all ingredients (Peppers, Mushrooms). Dice up the onions & bell peppers and slice up the mushrooms.
3) Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers and onions and cook for 4 mins or until the onions become translucent. Salt and pepper to taste. (You can also add all the ingredients in a large pot and cook with the ground chicken.)
4) Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add ground chicken; cook 5 min, then add the green seasoning and cook 5-10 more minutes. or until done, stirring frequently. Stir in tomato sauce; cook 3 min. or until heated through, stirring frequently. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix. Salt and pepper to taste.
5) Place cooked pasta in a large container.
6) Garnish with sliced green onions and cilantro
Meal Prep Version How To:
1) Cook the penne, meat and vegetable separately
2) With a mixing bowl add 1 cup of penne, 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, 3 TB of vegetables, 1 cup of chicken, 1/4 TB Cajun seasoning
3) Mix, place into a container and garnish. Repeat process for how many meals you need.
1 Container = 549 Calories 51g Carbs 21g Fat 40g Protein
P.S if you love to cook let us know in the comments! I would love to cook & share some of your recipes!